Founded in 1917, The Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce is a resource and catalyst to develop, promote, and support a diverse community in the Cooperstown area.
We accomplish this through:
- Partnerships – the Chamber will work in partnership with the Otsego County IDA, the Destination Marketing Corporation for Otsego County, other area Chambers of Commerce and local organizations to benefit our community.
- Education – the Chamber will organize and facilitate educational seminars.
- Advocacy – the Chamber will support and participate in the efforts of local agencies to attract new investment and businesses to our community.
- Digital Promotion – We will ensure that wearecooperstown.com and the Chambers social media presence serve as channels to promote and support local business.
- Brochure Distribution – the Chamber will distribute our printed materials through local channels including the kiosk, local accommodations and the chamber office.
- Pioneer Park Kiosk – the Chamber operates the kiosk on behalf of the community and serves as a key point-of-contact for visitors.
- Community Events – the Chamber will promote our community and local businesses through events that are enjoyed by area residents and out-of-town visitors.
- Press Relations – the Chamber will take an active role in promoting local success stories through the media.
- Co-op Advertising – the Chamber will continue and expand upon the success of our co-op ad program.
- Networking – the Chamber will organize and facilitate networking events.
- Advocacy – the Chamber will support local businesses through advocacy on relevant issues with local and state officials.
- Providing Benefits – the Chamber will provide programs that support the business operations of our members.