Susquehanna SPCA Barktoberfest and Dog Show
Get ready for the first annual Barktoberfest and Dog Show at Iroquois Farm Showgrounds on River Road (Rt. 33)!
Register at the Cooperstown elementary school parking lot from 10-10:30am for “Steps for Pets Community Dog Walk” from the Elementary School parking lot ending at Iroquois Farm to kick off Barktoberfest!
Barktoberfest will take place at Iroquois Farm from 11am – 4pm and will be packed with fun opportunities for people of all ages.
Animal educational organizations will be on hand to raise awareness for animals in need. In addition, families will have a fun time listening to live music, enjoying children activities, learning from animal associated vendors, and tasting from our multiple food and beverage trucks.
– 10:00am: Steps for Pets Community Dog Walk @ Cooperstown Elementary School
– 11am: Barktoberfest begins!
– 11am – 2pm: Music by “Fast Friends”
– 2pm: Dog Show begins!
– 4pm: Dog Show and Barktoberfest end
– Free to the public.
– Register online.
– Participants arrive at 10am, walk starts at 10:30am.
– 1.5 mile walk starting at Cooperstown Elementary School and ending at Barktoberfest & Dog Show location (1527 Co. Hwy. 33/River Rd. Cooperstown, NY 13326).
– Raise funds for the SQSPCA by forming a team and asking folks to sponsor you with donations. The top 3 teams who raise the most money for animals in need will win a prize!
– Spectators welcome – free admission.
– $20 registration fee per dog per class.
– Limit of 10 dogs per class – sign up early before they are full!
– Show participants should arrive at the Dog Show Arena at 1:30pm.
– Sign ups for the show will close on September 30 at noon, prior to the event.
– This show is for all dogs regardless of breed or size. Please be sure your dog has a current license and immunizations.
– All dogs must be on a leash.
– Judges are looking for healthy, happy, bright-eyed dogs who are socially comfortable in a small arena. If your dog is not friendly with other dogs or new people, this might not be the best event for them.